Carbon Monoxide Detectors in Your Home
It's the Law as of 2006, effective in Jan. 1, 2007, which requires the placement of Carbon Monoxide detectors in residences. This act mandates that a alarm within 15 feet of every room used for sleeping purposes!
Carbon monoxide aka CO is a colorless, odorless poisonous gas which can cause poisoning when inhaled. If your heating appliance is faulty, the proper amount of oxygen may not have been added. This poisoning can cause illness and even death.
The law exempts building that do not rely on combustion of fossil fuel for heat, ventilaation or hot water, and are not connected in any way to a garage and 3, are not sufficiently close to any ventilated sources of carbon monoxide. Building that have electric heat are exempt.
What kind of alarms required?
Visit these Web links for more information: